Re: Fwd: John 1:1c

From: MR ALAN R CRAIG (CSRT29A@prodigy.com)
Date: Thu Aug 10 1995 - 01:25:39 EDT

-- [ From: Alan R. Craig * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Mr. Conrad:

> Do you really mean "from all possible Greek sources?"--and not just
from
> NT or Hellenistic sources? That's an immense order, because this word
> order (anarthrous predicate nominative/copula/article + subject) is
the
> standard ancient Greek word-order.

I'm sorry, but I need to ask, "standard ancient Greek word-order" for
what?

> Part of the discussion in the earlier
> thread dealt precisely with this issue and whether there is, in fact,
> rule which holds strictly for the period of the NT.

No, I'm not so interested in the discussions concerning any "rule" for
this wording. And yes, perhaps I've underestimated what I'd expect to
find. But, if you could provide me with a list, I am first and
particularly interested in locating any verses within the N.T. and LXX
which follow that same pattern; i.e., again, examples of an anarthrous
predicate nominative preceding a copula followed by an articulated
subject.

Thanks for you interest and offer to help, Alan Craig.