Re: apologies for doublets!

From: Bruce Terry (terry@bible.acu.edu)
Date: Sun Aug 27 1995 - 18:17:18 EDT

On 26 Aug 95, David Housholder wrote:

>The problem was that I received a message containing the following:
>
>>>Message Recipients: cas@dei.uminho.pt: transfer failure -- MTA congestion
>
>And it told me delivery of my b-greek message had failed. I resent it, received
>the same message, but by then received a reply from a list member showing me
>that the message had, in fact, gone through.
>
>May we safely ignore these failure messages?

This message means that this one user did not receive the message. He has not
received messages for some time. I always get back a message of failure from
his post office almost every time I post. Does anyone know what country "pt"
is? If you are a member of the B-Greek list, you should receive a copy of the
message you posted to the list. That is how you know the message went
through.

Bruce Terry E-MAIL: terry@bible.acu.edu
Box 8426, ACU Station Phone: 915/674-3759
Abilene, Texas 79699 Fax: 915/674-3769