Re: RESEARCH

From: Larry W. Hurtado (hurtado@cc.umanitoba.ca)
Date: Mon Aug 28 1995 - 12:31:14 EDT

On Sat, 26 Aug 1995 Davant@aol.com wrote:

> First of all, I apologize if this is not the proper forum to ask. Can someone
> tell me where, if it is available, I can get the Apostolic Fathers in greek
> text? Preferrably, e-text. If not e-text, then text. However, it must be in
> greek (or Latin for post Apostolic Fathers). Also, I would need to know if it
> has a guide or index.

Still the fullest and best textual treatment of the Apost. Fathers is J.
B. Lightfoot's 5-vol. work, now reprinted by Hendrickson (Peabody, Mass.).
        The best one-vol. hand edition is now the 2nd edition of _The
Apostolic Fathers: Greek Texts and English Translations_, J. B.
Lightfoot, J. R. Harmer, revised by M. W. Holmes (Grand rapids: Baker,
1992). Holmes's intros, and bibliogs., plus his textual notes make this
a significantly superior desk edition in comparison to K. Lake's Loeb
edition.

Larry Hurtado, Religion, Univ. of Manitoba