Re: translation of "melle"

From: WINBROW@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 31 1995 - 09:01:26 EDT

>. . . ADVENTUS is the perfectly natural translation for PAROUSIA?
I would think so.

>I was really sort of shocked by the citation of an 1877 tome >which really
seemed to be arguing an esoteric sort of >doctrine. I didn't want to respond
so directly on the list, but >it seemed to me that the way the old gentlemen
was talking >about "presence" was much more aptfor the religious sense of
>the Latin adjective PRAESENS and noun PRAESENTIA, both of >which have very
strong meanings that bear no relationship to >the Greek PAROUSIA. Did you
have any reaction to that. Is this >guy Albu a JW?

At first I thought that he may be taking a good approach, but that soon
faded. I suspect that he was trying to bring his JW theology in the back
door.

Grace,
Carlton