BG: Thanks for TOTE

From: Bruce Terry (terry@bible.acu.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 02 1995 - 21:58:05 EDT

Thanks to everyone who delivered an opinion on TOTE in Matt. 24:23. Isn't it
interesting how one's view of what this discourse is saying colors our view of
what the little words mean. And we say that our view of the discourse is just
a natural understanding of combining the meanings of the little words. Shades
of the hermeneutic circle!

I still wonder how all three major English lexicons in the Biblical studies
tradition came up with the same understanding of TOTE when this list showed so
much diversity. Maybe this is a case of intertextuality at work? :)

Bruce Terry E-MAIL: terry@bible.acu.edu
Box 8426, ACU Station Phone: 915/674-3759
Abilene, Texas 79699 Fax: 915/674-3769