RE: STYLE ANALYSIS

From: perry.stepp@chrysalis.org
Date: Tue Sep 19 1995 - 16:38:02 EDT

Hello, all.

Being in the middle of preaching Ephesians, I have had occasion this past
couple of months to muddle through the Greek of this letter. I find it rather
puzzling, to say the least.

In terms of style analysis: Paul (?) seems to use clauses differently here than
in Galatians and Romans (both of which I've also read in Greek). But how is it
different? I *know* it's different, but I'm not sure how to articulate and
describe the differences. Who has done a syntactical/stylistic analysis of
this puzzling letter?

Perry L. Stepp, Baylor University