Re: Mark 16 hRHSSW/hRHGNUMI

From: Bruce Terry (terry@bible.acu.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 21 1995 - 10:38:05 EDT

On Wed, 20 Sep 1995, Carlton Winbery wrote:

>Subject: Re: Mark 16 hRHSSW/hRHGNUMI

>We treated these words as variant spellings of the same word in the
>Morphology. We generally followed BAGD in these matters.

Thanks, Carlton. What had me confused about this was that BAG gives different
meanings for hRHGNUMI (tear, break) and hRHSSW (throw down, dash). This made
me think they were different words.

Your post drove me back to BAG and then to LSJM. I note that they list Mark
9:18 under hRASSW, for which they give the Attic as hRATTW and the Ionic and
Koine as hRHSSW.

Does this change things?

Bruce Terry E-MAIL: terry@bible.acu.edu
Box 8426, ACU Station Phone: 915/674-3759
Abilene, Texas 79699 Fax: 915/674-3769