Re: Trinity and Deity

From: Robert J. Brown (rj@eli.wariat.org)
Date: Fri Sep 22 1995 - 11:46:05 EDT

>>>>> "Carl" == Carl W Conrad <cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu> writes:

    Carl> At 9:39 AM 9/22/95, Robert J. Brown wrote 25K too much of
    Carl> stuff that doesn't belong on B-Greek. It is certainly
    Carl> appropriate to discuss whether a NT text in the Greek may
    Carl> legitimately be said to imply a trinitarian doctrine or the
    Carl> divinity of Jesus. What we are offered here is not academic
    Carl> discussion but instead a string of "proof texts" cited in
    Carl> KJV that are evidently supposed to deaden any resistance to
    Carl> pure & orthodox thinking.

    Carl> There may be a place for this on some other list, but it
    Carl> doesn't belong here.

    Carl> Carl W. Conrad Department of Classics, Washington University
    Carl> One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO, USA 63130 (314) 935-4018
    Carl> cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu OR cwc@oui.com WWW:
    Carl> http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~cwconrad/

I apologize for the inappropriate posting. I received the message I
was responding to as a posting to a completely different list.
Apparently the original got forwarded from b-greek to some individual
who forwarded it to another individual who then posted it to the list
I am subscribed to. I did not even realize that b-greek was a list
and not an individual.

--
--"Hear now my reasoning, and harken to the pleadings of my lips." [Jb 13:6]--
Robert J. Brown  (Bob/Rj)   rj@eli.wariat.org  1 708 705-0370 (vmail/fax/data)