Re: More questions on Mark

From: Bruce Terry (terry@bible.acu.edu)
Date: Tue Sep 26 1995 - 15:19:36 EDT

On Tue, 26 Sep 1995, Jim McGuire wrote:

> "ego eimi" is the equivalent Greek phrase to "YHWH" in the Old Testament.

Apparently you missed the discussion earlier this year in which it was pointed
out that the LXX of Ex. 3:14 has hO WN used alone of God rather than EGW EIMI.
First it says EGW EIMI hO WN "I am the Being" and then it says hO WN
APESTALKEN ME PROS hUMAS "The Being sent me to you." However, this is not the
equivalent of Yahweh; that in verse 15 is KURIOS.

Bruce Terry E-MAIL: terry@bible.acu.edu
Box 8426, ACU Station Phone: 915/674-3759
Abilene, Texas 79699 Fax: 915/674-3769