Re: Some questions on Mark 9:1-5

From: Paul J. Bodin (pjbodin@SIRIUS.COM)
Date: Fri Oct 06 1995 - 12:10:56 EDT

On Fri, 6 Oct 1995 12:18:23 -0500 you wrote:

>But in fact there's no real difference between a REAL lexicon and a REAL
>dictionary: one is a Greek word, the other Latin.

Of course you are quite right, Carl. There is a distinction between the
two in common parlance, though, or at least I have noticed such. With a
few notable exceptions, dictionaries tend to be little more than lists
of glosses with a few usage notes.

By the way, my apologies for sending directly to you a missive that was
intended for the B-Greek list. I hope I created no misunderstandings
through my clumsiness.

 Paul J. Bodin Internet: pjbodin@sirius.com
 Seminary Pastor smail: 1333 66th Street
 Pacific Lutheran Theological Seminary Berkeley, CA 94702