1Cor. 14:!4

From: Dr. Kenneth Johnson (kjohnson@fileshop.com)
Date: Sat Oct 07 1995 - 13:52:42 EDT

Hi, my name is Ken and I am new to B-Greek.
I have been studying 1 Corinthians 14:14 and was wondering when Paul says
"I shall pray with the spirit and I shall pray with the mind also; I shall
sing with the spirit and I shall sing with the mind also."

Is there any rule in Greek that would help you determine if he is saying
"pray in the spirit and in English at the same time" (thus proving that the
term praying in the spirit does not always mean praying in tongues) or does
he have to be meaning "pray in the spirit at onetime and latter with his
mind," so he can be understood?
Thanks in advance :-)