John 18:4

From: Calvin G. Lane (LANE@oaks1.oakwood.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 12 1995 - 16:40:37 EDT

Hello. In John 18:4 Jesus asks the mob that has come to arrest Him, "whom
SEEK ye?". The greek word for SEEK or TO SEEK is ZETEO (Strongs 2212). I
think that the actual word that was used is in the 2nd Person Plural, which
makes sense since He was addressing a large crowd. My only question is what
tense is the verb TO SEEK, in John 18:4? Is is present tense or some tense
that implies a continuous action? Please respond to my e-mail address since
I am not a member of b-greek at this time. Thank You.

Calvin G. Lane
Oakwood College
LANE@OAKWOOD.EDU