re: (Fwd) Codes in the Pentateuch

From: Nichael Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Wed Oct 04 1995 - 14:59:38 EDT

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Eric Weiss wrote:
> The Torah Code people in their Bible Review story discuss how they used other
> books of the Hebrew bible (the article was about their findings in Genesis)
> to test their hypothesis, and they explain what they did or did not find and
> why or why not. It was a short article.

For example, one of the texts tested in this way was the Samaritan
Pentateuch. It "failed" the test, purportedly because of textual
differences with the Masoretic text. The conclusion that the author --at
least of BR article-- argues strongly is that we are to take this as
concrete, scientific evidence of the divine nature of the text, even at
the level of the individual letter.

One obvious question to ask is what are we to assume then was the
position of those unfortunates who lived in the times before the MT took
its final form around the year 200?