Re: Fwd: The feedings

From: Edward Hobbs (EHOBBS@WELLESLEY.EDU)
Date: Sun Oct 15 1995 - 21:54:49 EDT

DON'T FORWARD THIS!
        My students mostly call the 12 (not the disciples, but the 12)
"Assholes." But then I have female students -- very, very bright, but
females.
        Johannes Schreiber spelled this out in detail decades ago. Then
Theodore (Ted) Weeden a quarter of a century ago did them in finally.
Result: he couldn't get a job! Remind me to tell you the sad story sometime,
including my own odd tie to his dissertation when I was president of SBL
(almost 30 years ago!), at Columbia University, with Morton Smith hiding
in the wings.

Edward