Re: PHI Telephone Number

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 17 1995 - 08:50:56 EDT

The URL for the Classics List web site:

        http://weber.u.washington.edu/~lwright/classics.html

Posted here are the digests of recent messages on the Classics List as well
as info on the list itself, a few FAQs on various questions like software
for Greek, the motto from "Lonesome Dove" (UVA UVAM VARIA FIT VIVENDO) and
sundry other items, as well as some nice links to other Classics sites,
including the major one at U. of Michigan.

The URL for one of the best of the Biblical Studies resource web sites:

        http://www.hivolda.no/asf/kkf/rel-stud.html

This will give you access to several different versions in different
languages, including the Latin Vulgate as well as to numerous resources on
various aspects of Biblical studies (this is a scholarly site, not
evangelistically oriented, I might add).

Another worth-while site that has been posted to this list previously but
that deserves more publicity, I think is the site at the Theological
Faculty at Passau in Germany:

        http://www.uni-passau.de/ktf/bibelwissenschaft.html

and the very rich site thata calls itself "Guide to Christian Literature on
the Internet:"

        http://www.calvin.edu/Christian/pw.html

This is by no means an exhaustive list (sites are literally multiplying
exponentially on the web right now), but one will find links from these to
most of the other significant sites. I think that the most recent and
thorough one to date is the Norwegian one listed first above
(www.hivolda.no).

Oh, and yes, I do teach at Washington University in St. Louis, though more
in Classics than in New Testament.

(314) 935-4018