Re: Netscape 2.0

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 20 1995 - 13:11:22 EDT

At 1:30 PM 10/20/95, Larry Chouinard wrote:
>I have noticed since downloading Netscape 2.0 the usual home pages I
>generally visit now have this annoying background colors that make it
>difficult to read texts. Is there a way to eliminate this color scheme
>to make it easier to read? Certainly those who put together their page
>must see the problem.
>
>Any suggestions?

I think this is a bug in the beta software; I have noticed it thus far at
only one site and then not every time I go to it. I'm sure this will be
taken care of in the process of finalizing version 2.0. Macintosh users of
the beta software might note that a splendid little hack called "Netscape
Defrost" takes care of a bug causing freezes on 68040 machines; it's
available in the Info-Mac mirror archives and most easily found at the new
MIT HyperArchive.

Alternatively, you can go back to using version 1.12 which users were
advised not to throw away. There are still relatively few sites which have
the new "frames" that Netscape 2.0 touts.

(314) 935-4018