Final sigma in fonts

From: Bill Mounce (billm@teknia.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 1995 - 13:18:22 EST

I am asked about this a lot, so thought y'all would like to hear about it.
It has to do with the final sigma not printing properly.

Final sigma problems are caused when you have smart quotes turned on your
word processor. It turns the double quote character (final sigma in most
Greek fonts) into the" option-[" character. This is a problem with the
mapping of most of the Greek fonts for the Macintosh (SuperGreek
[Linguists], Alexandria [Zondervan], Mounce, but not Helena [acCordance]).
We are working on a new font that will move this character and a utility
for changing your text files over to the newmapping. We will also make it
agree with the Windows side.

Bill Mounce

Teknia Software, Inc.
1306 W. Bellwood Drive
Spokane, WA 99218-2911

Internet: billm@teknia.com (preferred)
AOL: Mounce
CIS: 71540,2140 (please, only if necessary)

"It may be Greek to you, but it is life to me."