Re: Greek font for IBM's

From: Nichael Lynn Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 1995 - 11:00:16 EST

At 10:33 AM 22/11/95, Philip L. Graber wrote:
>It appears that someone has pirated the SGREEK font which is owned by
>Silver Mountain Software (hence *S*GREEK). These fonts are not free, nor
>is it legal to freely distribute them. They are not even shareware as far
>as I know.

Likewise, if someone has something like this that they wish to make
available, please arrange to place them in an accessible place (from which
people can, say, FTP them) or --in the worst case-- post an announcement
and make arrangements to e-mail the files to the interested parties.

Broadcasting them via E-mail is almost always the wrong thing (for example
I'm working on a MAC, as a result the fonts are completely useless to me,
even if they were legal ;-). Nonetheless, since they came in as an
attachment on a mail-message, I now have to go through the hassle of
"de-installing" them.

(This would be even more of a problem for people with less disk space or
lower bandwidth than I have.)

Nichael "... and they opened their thesaurus
nichael@sover.net and brought forth gold,
http://www.sover.net/~nichael and frankincense and myrrh."