Rev. 3:10

From: Paul Watkins (102737.1761@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Nov 22 1995 - 00:16:40 EST

In Rev. 3:10 a promise is given to the Church of Philadelphia stating that
God will "keep them from the hour of trial" - THRHSW EK THS WRAS TON PEIRASMOU.
As I read this, it promises protection within the world during
the hour of trial. Compared with the only other construction of this
kind in John 17:15, "I do not pray that You take them out of the world, but that
you keep them from evil" - THRHSHS AUTOUS EK TOU PONHROU, that
interpretation seems substantiated. However pretrib writers demand that
THRHSW EK in Rev. 3:10 mean to be removed out of the world, i.e. Rapture before
the hour of trial. It seems to me that every grammar or lexicon
I consult asserts Rev. 3:10 to promise protection from within, not exemption out
of.

Is there anyone who can make a case for THRHSW EK in Rev. 3:10 meaning to remove
out of- in the sense which requires a rapture beforehand?

Please respond directly to me as I am not currently subscribed. Thank you
for your help, this list has been a great help to me for quite some time.

Paul Watkins
Grace College and Seminary