Q? Greek syntax?

From: Vincent DeCaen (decaen@epas.utoronto.ca)
Date: Thu Nov 23 1995 - 11:53:46 EST

I came across a thin volume at the Society of Biblical Literature
meeting in Philadelphia: "Levels of Constituent Structure in New
Testament Greek" by Michael Palmer (1995). it is of some interest
theoretically. I talked to Palmer, and the sense is that there's
virtually nothing in Gov-Binding or related frameworks on New
Testament Greek syntax, especially the curious facts around nominal structure.

Q1. is it the case that no one else is working on NTGreek syntactic structures?

Q2. is it the case that no one else is working on *Modern* Greek
syntactic structures? especially the nominals? are they similar????
are there refs I could look at? especially assuming the DP hypothesis?

Q2B. if the syntax is broadly similar, perhaps I should ask for
greek-speaking linguists to help explore the Modern as a heuristic for
the study of the ancient dialects? especially the nominals?

Vincent DeCaen decaen@epas.utoronto.ca

Near Eastern Studies, Religion & Culture,
University of Toronto Wilfrid Laurier University