Romans 5:10

From: JClar100@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 26 1995 - 23:34:48 EST

The last part of Romans 5:10 reads: "...SWQHSOMEQA
EN THi ZWHi AUTOU."

In context here it seems to be clear that Paul means
by "his life" Jesus' resurrected life. This stands opposite
his death in verse 8 (APEQANEN).

My question, however, is: Will we be saved <by> his life (instrumental)

OR

will we be saved <in> his life (locative)?

The theological question this raises for me is: Can one be saved
<by> his resurrection apart from one's sharing <in> his
resurrection? These are two distinct possibilities in my
understanding.

Or,

do they simply merge into one concept
which cannot be separated?

Any thoughts you might have will perhaps help
clear this up for me.

JClar100@aol.com
James Clardy