Re: review Palmer 1995

From: Philip L. Graber (pgraber@emory.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 24 1995 - 09:29:20 EST

Thank you, Vincent, for the review of Palmer's recent book. As one who is
interested in linguistics and NT Greek from a functionalist perspective,
and as one who has minimal knowledge of "generative" linguistics, I would
be most grateful if you could add to your review some sense of how works
such as Palmer's and your own projected work will contribute to exegesis
of biblical texts. One thing I struggle with in my own work is how to
convey to other NT scholars why they should bother with my linguistic
work. Why should NT scholars be interested in Palmer's work?

Philip Graber Graduate Division of Religion
Graduate Student in New Testament 211 Bishops Hall, Emory University
pgraber@emory.edu Atlanta, GA 30322 USA