Re: Ken's quest for Vocabulary tables <10x

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 01:23:42 EST

    Thanks to all for suggestions for a vocabulary book. While I grant
that the ideal way to learn vocabulary is n context, my need is to be
able to sigth-read virtually anything in the NT. Even though I have
translated a good deal of the NT, I didn't memorize the vocabulary as
I went. I memorized the words that were in Machen and Metzger, so I have
a need to be able to translate whether I've read the passage before or
not. Besides, I was always in awe of George Ladd just opening his Greek
NT and being able to translate off the top of his head virtually
any NT passage, and have wanted to emulate that (as well as his
scholarly abilities) ever since. Thanks.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA
or "To Infinity and Beyond"