Re: Standardized Transliteration

From: Stephen Carlson (scc@reston.icl.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 17:02:48 EST

craigos@ix6.ix.netcom.com wrote:
> I have been reading on this list for a few months and have a list
> oriented question:
>
> Is there a standard format for the transliterations?

There is no standard but this system is popular:

Greek Alphabet: A B G D E Z H Q I K L M N C O P R S T U F X Y W
rough breathing:h, iota subscript:i, digamma:w; acute:/, grave:\, circumflex:=

I think that the introductory materials for this list should include
a statement about the transliteration system. What do others think?

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen Carlson     :  Poetry speaks of aspirations,  : ICL, Inc.
scc@reston.icl.com  :  and songs chant the words.     : 11490 Commerce Park Dr.