Re: Bible study software? (fwd)

From: Nichael Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 1995 - 17:16:27 EST

On Wed, 29 Nov 1995, fitchel bandy wrote:
> Sir the chestnut cd bibles&religion can be bought for $10 at
> crazy bobs 800 776 5865 it is a old ver of online bibles it can be
> upgraded free by down loading a file at http://www.vir.com/bp/bp_olb.htm
> Bible software I upgraded mine
> it is the best Bible program I have 6-7 English and 3 Greek Bibles
> it has all search,notes,meany references ect. I highly reckon mend it.

It should be noted, however, that many/most(all?) of the systems listed
during this thread support only text-only Greek or Hebrew modules; i.e. no
critical apparatus, no variant readings, etc. and as such are of limited
use. Similarly no accents, breathing marks, etc.

Likewise the search engines in many of the systems are quite simple; for
example in the On-Line Bible were one do a search in Greek on "XAPIS", the
system will not find matches of the form "XAPIC" (i.e. different forms of
the final sigma).