Re: Bible study software? (fwd)

From: Stephen Carlson (scc@reston.icl.com)
Date: Thu Nov 30 1995 - 23:13:41 EST

John Calvin Hall wrote:
> >In the OLB version I have, Strong's # are only available in the English
> >(KJV) module, not the Greek module, and are of course keyed to the
> >Textus Receptus instead of the NA26/UBS3. Thus, they are not useful for
> >serious Greek work.
>
> Your statement is based on the "assumption" that everyone considers the
> Critical Text to be the superior.

It's also based on the the fact that it is quite inconvenient to be
constantly switching from the English to Greek modules and back again.
Their 3-in-1 Greek modules (TR, Byz, and NA/UBS) should make everyone
happy (unless a critical apparatus is desired).

Stephen Carlson

--
Stephen Carlson     :  Poetry speaks of aspirations,  : ICL, Inc.
scc@reston.icl.com  :  and songs chant the words.     : 11490 Commerce Park Dr.