Re: errors

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 01 1995 - 06:39:46 EST

At 3:23 AM 12/1/95, LISATIA@aol.com wrote:
> Is the Greek New Testament inerrant, grammatically speaking? What evidence
>is there, if any, of grammatical error?
> richard arthur, Merrimack NH lisatia@aol.com

I don't really mean to be snide here, but I'll repeat what I've said before
about Mark's grammar (although Edward Hobbs, whose opinion I do respect,
thinks that there's nothing really unusual about Mark's Greek): I don't
think Mark would pass a Greek composition course in good Hellenistic Greek.
Perhaps this is not a matter of grammar so much as style (grammar being one
way of distinguishing which people live on which side of the railroad
tracks). And the DE that I always add to that MEN: it's all the more
reMARKable how sophisticated the LITERARY quality of Mark's gospel is!

(314) 935-4018