Re: Josephus

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 04 1995 - 16:06:28 EST

At 2:15 PM 12/4/95, James Kuiper wrote:
>Carl,
>
>I couldn't find Josephus on the three sites you referred me to.
>They were sure swell anyway.

I finally found it! (Actually I didn't find it but found a reference to a
site that has it on Ioudaios-L):

        http://wesley.nnc.edu/noncanon.htm

A terrific site with text (in English translation, of course) of all the
major extra-canonical works of both OT and NT. And there's an e-text of ALL
of Josephus here. Now, if we could only find the same for Philo!

Two other sites people might find useful; Ken L. was asking about Apostolic
Fathers; they may be found at

        ftp://iclnet93.iclnet.org/pub/resources/christian-history.html

(Note that this is an FTP site, but it's a neatly readable hyper-text
document that is clear as a bell in Netscape!)

Still another site some people might find interesting to know about, one
offering the entire set of Nag Hammadi documents in e-text (again, of
course, in translation, not Coptic), as well as other major Gnostic texts:

        http://www.oslonett.no/~noetic/libe.htm

If one doesn't mind reading from a screen, one could access most of the
sources for the study of Hellenistic and early Christian religion on the
net now!

(314) 935-4018