Indicative or Imperative: Rom 6:22

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 1995 - 20:49:45 EST

     I would second Carl's plea for a return to appropriate topics. By
way of changing gears, I hope, and so as not to leave others with
the impression that I somehow think Porter is the enemy, Porter, in
discussinng the imperative, suggests that echete in Rom. 6:22 may well
be an imperative: have fruit, rather than an indicative: you have
fruit. This seems both reasonable and likely to me, but Porter said
virtually all commentators take it as indicative. What do others think?

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA