Re: Novel Interpretations {formerly Minor correction re: Bildad)

From: Carl W. Conrad (cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 14 1995 - 06:52:20 EST

At 10:21 PM 12/13/95, James D. Ernest wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Dec 1995, Edgar M. Krentz wrote:
>
>> referred to the "little flock." (2) I have admired the hWOLOGION in the
> ^^^^^^^^^
>> Roman agora in Athens as a major piece of Roman era architecture and
>> technology. If Peter stood on this and was of an appropriate size, he was a
>
>Few indeed have seen this remarkable instrument, which was
>apparently used for measuring eggs. Better Peter should have
>egg on his feet than egg on his face.

Perhaps James has caught the disease from that person named ARRIUS who,
according to Catullus, called himself HARRIUS and was last heard of as
writing back to Rome from the HIONIAN Sea. The WOLOGION suffered many
indignities, to be sure, but to be aspirated for no good reason? Perhaps
what Edgar had in mind originally was hWROLOGION? I think he should get a
GNWMON, and I don't mean one of those little beardy men sitting on his
shoulders.

(314) 935-4018