GUNH EN HSUCIA -- 1Ti 2.11

From: Shaughn Daniel (shaughn.daniel@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Jan 11 1996 - 06:38:34 EST

I need interaction on this stuff please.

1. Does it contradict Paul's teaching in 1Co where women apparently can
prophecy and pray with their heads covered?

2. Is prophecying different from DIDASKEIN? (see 1Ti 2.12).

3. What do you think of this rendering of v. 11? "But I do not allow women
to teach IN A WAY THAT (OUDE) they exercise authority over men, but to be
in submission (EN HSUCIA)"

4. Can EN HSUCIA mean something like "to have a quiet manner", etc.,
without implying that they are not allowed to teach at all?

Thanks tons!
Shaughn

[]______________________________________________________________.
| |\
| Shaughn Daniel shaughn.daniel@student.uni-tuebingen.de | |
| Tuebingen, Germany | |
| I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally | |
| walk through into another dimension. --Steven Wright | |

The sagacious reader who is capable of reading between these lines
what does not stand written in them, but is nevertheless implied,
will be able to form some conception.
          Goethe. Autobiography. Book xviii. Truth and Beauty.