Identifying grammatical meaning of cases

From: David Housholder (73423.2015@compuserve.com)
Date: Mon Jan 22 1996 - 09:35:48 EST

>> Just to keep email to a minimum, can someone tell me when
>>it is generally thought that EPISKOPOS and PRESBUTEROS take on
>>technical meanings?

Primarily when you join certain denominations.

Naturally a "<g>" is implied in the previous line.

Seriously, regarding the exam: Since your institution doesn't seem to have
guided you in this matter (and therefore has failed to provide the education it
is pompously pretending to examine) could you do the following --

"The noun here is dative used as a dative of foobar (using Brooks & Winbery's
term for a subclass of what Dana & Mantey called the Dative of foo)."

Or, if you can't remember who said what, "dative of foobar, sometimes refered to
simply as dative of foo."

David Housholder
writing at 9:15 AM on Monday, January 22, 1996