AP in LSJM

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 1996 - 23:26:03 EST

   I have an important question (well, at least to me). It was my understanding
that LSJM explicitly does not contain the vocabulary for the Apostolic
Fathers because it is assumed that Lampe will take care of that. Can someone
confirm this for me? It's important because I was just told that the only
book we are allowed at my doctoral Greek comptency exam next week is LSJM.
This is a problem if we're given a sight passage from the AP. Of course, it's
not very kind if, as usual, the sight passage is from the NT either. Talk about
the wrong tool for the job! Anyway, can someone tell me if I'm right about
this? I thought I'd read it on this list some months ago, but I'm not sure.
Thanks.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA

P.S.,

  I was told I can use any system for identifying constucts I want to use, so at
least it won't be a problem when I use my current synthesis of Dana and Mantey,
Porter and Brooks and Winbery.