Re: Those pesky magazine adds

From: Nichael Lynn Cramer (nichael@sover.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 1996 - 07:32:23 EST

At 2:17 AM 09/02/96, Keith A. Clay wrote:
>It would be nice if the software that receives and then sends mail to
>everyone could check to see if the return address is verifiable. If not,
>then trash the message. If it is, send it. Is this possible with majordomo
>software?
>
>keith a. clay

Don't know about the Majordomo software. But I have a friend who runs a
couple of largish mailing lists who does this more or less. Specifically,
his software checks the validity of the domain on the return address. If
it fails, it drops it in his lap and asks him what he wants to do with the
message.

Nichael | "Just because it didn't happen |
nichael@sover.net | don't mean it ain't true." |
http://www.sover.net/~nichael | -Yogi Berra [paraphrasing Mircea Eliade] |