Re: Wisdom of Solomon and Hebrews

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 1996 - 21:38:46 EST

Carl,

   With regard to Priscilla, let me say two things. First, I'm still mostly
joking, but using a name, even if incorrect, is shorter than typing
"the author of Hebrews" over and over. Second, there's a book back in my
college library that does nothing but argue for this. Third, the statement
about the marriage bed being undefiled has been thought by some to suggest
a female author. So one asks, who is female, and has drunk deeply from
the well of Pauline thought and can write before 70 AD (I can't imagine
the author of Hebrews not mentioning the destruction of the temple in 70 AD
if it had happened -- unless he was taking the minimalist archaeological
position of saying it didn't happen if I can't find artifcats). However,
since it bothers you, I shall cease this custom, and perhaps use AOH instead.

Ken Ltiwak
GTU
Bezerkley, CA