Acts 19:2

From: Sherry Kull (skull@voicenet.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 1996 - 18:53:47 EST

I promised my beginning Greek students that I'd ask you b-greekers for your
input on the usage of PISTEUSANTES in Acts 19:2. The verse asks: EI PNEUMA
hAGION ELABETE PISTEUSANTES? Our textbook suggested that it could
legitimately mean action prior to the action of the main verb or attendant
circumstance, with neither grammar nor immediate context strongly pointing
one way or the other. What do you think? With the diversity of theological
positions represented by b-greek, I can't wait for your responses!

Sherry Kull
Adjunct Faculty
Biblical Theological Seminary
Hatfield, Pennsylvania