laptops and airports

From: Shaughn Daniel (shaughn.daniel@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Fri Apr 19 1996 - 07:44:37 EDT

I have travelled through many airports in Europe. I once believed that it
would melt my stuff and caused quite a ruckus in a British airport. Their
protocol is that everything goes through the machine. I made the supervisor
agree to full responsibility with a witness present as he put it through.
There was no problem and I haven't protested since. My Powerbook 170 has
been through about 10 times now and there has been no problems.

Sincerely,
Shaughn Daniel
Tuebingen, Germany