Christology in Philippians

From: Dwjantz@aol.com
Date: Mon Apr 22 1996 - 16:38:46 EDT

Listers,
More when I return to the list, but I have been struck by something in
Philippians. A very personal letter to the believers in Philippi, friends of
Paul. No theological treatise, as is Galatians or Romans. BUT, I notice how
many times Paul mentions Christ, Christ Jesus, Jesus, Lord, Davior, etc. I
counted them in my study Bible by circling in red each occurence in 4 pages.
 51 times! In a personal letter to friends!
Paul was overtaken by Jesus Christ, and *had* to mention Him even in such a
letter.
I was convicted, that my personal letters do not indicate this of myself.
 Christ was truly Paul's life, as he stated.

Praying for the same,

Doug