(no subject)

From: Dr. Dan Chandler (doc@pennet.net)
Date: Wed Apr 10 1996 - 08:36:14 EDT

Ladies and Gentlemen;

    I am a high school principal and I have been referred to you by James
Tauber as a possible place that can solve a personal matter for me involving
the translation of one Greek word as it is used in Matthew 19:9 of the New
Testament.

    In your opinion, what is the most appropriate translation of the word
PORNEIA? Would it be a narrow translation referring to fornication only, or
more of a blanket term encompassing immoral things- i.e. "immorality". This
comes with a long story that I won't bore you with, but if you have the
expertise to deal with this, I would appreciate your assistance.

Sincerely,

Dan Chandler

(Dr. Dan Chandler)
Doc@pennet.net