Re: EN CHRISTOS

From: Cal Redmond (calred@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Apr 25 1996 - 14:50:47 EDT

Dwjantz@aol.com wrote:

> Friends,
> I am studying Paul's Christology in Philippians. Have any of you done much
> work on the phrase EN CHRISTOS, which seems to be peculiar mostly to Paul?
> Please email me privately if you have good info on this, as I am currently
> off the list while studying this.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Doug Jantz, preaching minister
> Winona Christian Church
> Winona, Missouri
> <Dwjantz@aol.com>

As a useful introduction to current scholarly thought, consult Mark Seifrid's article "In Christ" in _The
Dictionary of Paul and His Letters_ (InterVarsity Press, 1993), pp. 433-436. Dr. Seifrid's article includes a
bibliography. Dr. Seifrid is currently associate professor of New Testament at The Southern Baptist
Theological Seminary in Louisville.

Cal Redmond
calred@ix.netcom.com
The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/105377/home.html