Mishna mss

From: michael zarb (mzarb@islandnet.com)
Date: Wed May 01 1996 - 00:01:46 EDT

Quite often in scholarly writing about matters of the literature of the
turn of the era we find the Mishna or other parts of the Talmud quoted as
reliable sources, sometimes even to put down the reliability of other
contemporary literature. My impression is that the Mishna started to be put
to writing around 200 CE and the earliest extant manuscripts date from c.
10th C. I would like to know what happened to this literature from 200 to
900 CE.
Comments or bibliography please.

Michael Zarb
Cobble Hill, BC, Canada