Re: Phallogocentrism

From: Shaughn Daniel (shaughn.daniel@student.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Mon May 06 1996 - 19:31:18 EDT

Carl:

>When I alluded yesterday to the notion that these terms are the product of
>what a feminist theory calls "phallogocentrism," evidently referring to
>logical fallacies deriving from the mind-set of a gender that thinks with
>its penis, there was no reaction, either because no one was interested or
>because the expression appeared too shocking to ponder (was mir zwar ganz
>unwahrscheinlich scheint!).

Or because some people (like me!) don't understand how penises relate to
the concept of "perishing/destruction" in Paul, unless, we are pondering
the potential impotency of Jewish celebates and their subsequent impotent
messages and followers. =)

But seriously, Carl, what is the point that you are trying to make about
"phallogocentrism"?

Sincerely,
Shaughn Daniel
Tuebingen, Germany