Re: New Date on P64 Manuscript

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Wed May 08 1996 - 12:16:31 EDT

Wes,

    I believe there is a transcription of P64 in Tyndale
Bulletin, I think 1995 1, along with an article by him.
This subject has been much discussed here and on Ioudaios-L
and you can probably gain more info on bibliiography and such
by searching the archives of those lists. What I've read
from Thiede on the subject (in the aforementioned article)
seemed fairly reasonable to me, and I'm troubled by what seems to
me a knee-jerk over-reaction to his theory. I'm not saying
whether he is correct, only that I was a little surprised by
an almost immediate reprisal from a non-papyriologist seemed
unwarranted to me.

Ken