Re: Interesting Scripture passage!

From: Mr. Timothy T. Dickens (MDick39708@gnn.com)
Date: Wed May 29 1996 - 16:28:50 EDT

Dear Mr. Dickens,

>Do you believe "The Gospel According To Thomas" to be divinely
inspired as the canonical Gospels?

>Thank You
>
>~Chris~

***************
Dear brother Chris,

        I will have to reply to you later this evening in answering
your question, but before I reply, let me ask you (and others) one
simple question: Can we find any evidence in the Matthew's gospel
that would suggest that Matthew thought he was writing inspired
writing, would think his writing would be ultimately included among
three other gospels that would finally become somthing called 'the
four gospels' or even the 'Bible?'

        Like I said, Chris, I will have to reply to this qeustion
later this evening.

Peace and Love,

Timothy T. Dickens
Smyrna, GA
MDick39708@gnn.com Home
ttd3@Columbia.edu School

Simon Peter said to them, 'Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life,' Jesus said, 'I myself shall make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling male. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."
The gospel according to Thomas, saying #114 from the Nag Hammadi Library.