[Fwd: Re: Tim Dickens and Brother Akbar's dialogues]

From: David L. Moore (dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Tue Jun 04 1996 - 11:34:56 EDT

Carl,

        I'm forwarding this to you rather than including you on the
"Copy" line to avoid your being sent copies of subsequent discussion. I
hope this lays the matter to rest on b-hebrew and b-greek.

Regards,

--
David L. Moore                             Director
Miami, Florida, USA                        Department of Education

X-Mozilla-Status: 0801 FCC: C:\NTSCP\mail\Sent Message-ID: <31B455FE.630E@ix.netcom.com> Date: Tue, 04 Jun 1996 11:27:58 -0400 From: "David L. Moore" <dvdmoore@ix.netcom.com> Organization: SE Spanish District of the Assemblies of God, Dept. of Education X-Mailer: Mozilla 2.01 (Win16; I) MIME-Version: 1.0 To: amedamne@trianon.worldtel.com CC: MDick39708@gnn.com Subject: Re: Tim Dickens and Brother Akbar's dialogues References: <199606040716.AAA17850@ixmail3.ix.netcom.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

amedamne@trianon.worldtel.com wrote: > > At 10:23 PM 6/2/96 -0400, David L. Moore wrote: > >Dear list members, listeners and friends, > > > > It is with some dismay that I find my comment on a question from Mr. Dickens > >copied to several lists and numberous e-mail addresses. My message was > sent to him > >personally and to no other e-mail address than his own. I did not intend > for it to be > >distributed to others. > > > >

> > Dear Mr. Moore: > > It is with a sense of hurt, disappointment as well as some > confusion I am writing this note to you and copies to listeners. > > When I first read your remarks: > > "One may question whether heavily indoctrinated Islamics > are blind to certain key points of the Christian message > or if they perversely falsify them to protect their own > theological positions." > > I decided to respond your question since neither of the above > was closer to the truth. Before I could compose and mail my response > I got the above message. > > My question to you (and Brother Timothy) is; under the > circumstances, should I let everyone - who have already read > your unfounded remarks - know the true facts or consider the > matter as closed for further annotations and counter comments? > > With Love and Prayers > > Akbar

Dear Akbar:

As you have noted, my comments were addressed to Timothy Dickens and were not meant for public distribution. In respect for my original intent (and in respect for the stated topics of b-greek and b-hebrew), I request that my statements not be made a subject of discussion on those mailing lists. Let us agree that members of those lists have read both my opinion and your counter-opinion, and let us leave it at that.

If you would like to dialogue with me about matters having to do with Christianity and Islam (including anyone in the discussion who might express an interest in being included) I will gladly share what knowledge I have of Christianity and be willing to hear those who speak from an Islamic perspective.

Sincerely,