help regarding fasting

From: John R. Baldwin (jrbaldw@rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 06 1996 - 07:24:13 EDT

Edna Williams requests help regarding fasting.

I have only read Richard Fosters' chapter on this (Ch. 4, Celebration of
Discipline), which I found very good. My wife, who had studied fasting in the
past frequently made reference to a book called:

God's chosen fast (Arthur Wallis, 1971, Fort Washington, PA: Christian
Literature Crusade). This as well as other books are cited by foster:

David R. Smith, Fasting: A Neglected Discipline (1969, Fort Washington, PA:
Christian Literature Crusade).

Other references in this book are on silence, devotion, prayer, and general
discipleship (e.g. Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship). Write me
personally if you want any of these references.

In Him,
Writing from the Fast Lane,
John R. Baldwin
Illinois State University