Galatians 1:15-17: Two Questions

From: Mr. Timothy T. Dickens (MDick39708@gnn.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 1996 - 16:38:02 EDT

Dear Fellow Greecist at B-Greek:

My question has to do with two Greek syntactical constructions found
in Paul’s letter to the Galatians 1:15-17.

        First, it seems that the main verb in vs.16 is EUDOKHSEN
(aorist indicative active, 3rd per. Sing), and despite its long
distance, due to the long adverbial clause, is linked to the Aorist
infinitive active APOKALUPSAI. Thus, the main clause is "When (he)
was pleased to reveal. . ." Yes or No Dear Friends? I need to be
certain.

        My second question has to do with how to read the adverb
EQEWES in vs. 16b. Should this adverb be read with the following
two negatives, or with what immediately follows in vs. 17 "OUDE
ANHLQON"

        I welcome all suggestions!

Peace and Love,

PS: when replying please write to my address above. Thanks

Timothy T. Dickens
Smyrna, GA
MDick39708@gnn.com Home
ttd3@Columbia.edu School

Simon Peter said to them, 'Let Mary leave us, for women are not worthy of life,' Jesus said, 'I myself shall make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling male. For every woman who will make herself male will enter the kingdom
of Heaven."

The gospel according to Thomas, saying #114 from the Nag Hammadi Library.