Eph 3:12

From: BBezdek@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 11 1996 - 09:24:34 EDT

While reading Ephesians this morning, I discovered that the Greek text
(3:12) does not seem to be accurately represented in the NIV, ASV, RSV, NASV.
At issue is the phrase DIA THS PISTEWS AUTOU. I keep coming up with "through
his faith (or faithfulness)" The above translations all indicate "faith in
him." The exception is the KJV which, I think, more accurately says, "by the
faith [faithfulness] of him." What is going on here?

Byron
BBezdek@aol.com