Re: NT Textual Variants and Church Fathers

From: Bart Ehrman (behrman@email.unc.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 19 1996 - 22:30:56 EDT

   If you're interested just in this variant in particular, I
have dealt with it at length (including the Patristic evidence and the
accusations of textual tampering) in my article: "1 John 4:3 and the
Orthodox Corruption of Scripture," _Zeitschrift fuer die neutestamentliche
Wissenschaft_ 79 (1988) 221-43. My arguments there are recapitulated
(OK, shamelessly repeated) and lots of comparable textual variants are
examined in my book, _The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture_ (Oxford,
1993).

-- Bart D. Ehrman