Grammars and ponies for Hellenistic/classical Greek

From: Kenneth Litwak (kenneth@sybase.com)
Date: Wed Jun 19 1996 - 17:17:19 EDT

   I may be in a seminar next Spring that will focus on Hellenistic
historiographers. This will likely include everything from Thucydides (whose
Greek I hear is VERY tough) to Josephus and beyond. I've had three years of
NT Greek, but I'm wondering what intro work to consult to help me prepare for this
steeper mountain. Also, are there aids for translating these other, callsical
Greek works? I suppose ther's not analytical lexicon for Thucydides, is there?
Thanks.

Ken Litwak
GTU
Berserkely, CA